Clinton County Community Resources
Clinton County Resources serving the cities of Breese, Carlyle, Centralia and Trenton
GED High School Equivalency Program
Whether you're just wanting to learn Adult Basic Education skills or need a refresher on the skills you need to pass your High School Equivalency test, the Adult Education program could be a great option for you.
Adult Basic Education (ABE) classes: Learn how to read, write, and basic math skills at your own level.
High School Equivalency/GED classes: For those who are at a specific reading level and want to refresh their academic skills.
Weatherization is a free service to those who qualify. It is a program designed to make homes more energy efficient. The goal is to create an energy efficient environment that not only is conserving energy, but doing so with health and safety being top priority.
Who is eligible?
- Owner-occupied properties whose household member’s income does not exceed the federal income guidelines.
- A household that has an occupant who receives S.S.I., L.I.H.E.A.P. or T.A.N.F. grant.
- Renters will meet the above criteria when the landlord accepts the terms of the weatherization contract.
What can a home occupants expect from the program?
- Whole house energy audit.
- Sealing cracks with weather-strip and caulk.
- Insulated attics and walls.
- Repairing windows and doors.
Weatherization services includes having an experienced heating contractor examine your heating system. If work is needed on your furnace, it may include one or more of the following:
- Clean and tune
- In some cases, replacement of the unit.
For further information, please click BELOW to contact the BCMW Resource Specialist:
625 North 2nd Street
Breese, IL 62230
It is the mission of the food pantry co-op, in partnership with the community and food providers, to educate and encourage food stability for those who face food insecurities and desire opportunities for self sufficiency.
Hours & Contact
Shopping Hours: DeWitt County:
Tuesday 9 am - 12 pm
Tuesday 1 pm - 4 pm
Location: 45 Cedar Square - Clinton, IL
Corporate Office Logan County:
Date: Wednesday 2 pm - 4 pm
Location: 1800 5th St. - Lincoln, IL
Who Can Participate:
- Anyone over the age of 18 may utilize the CO-OP program.
- One trip through pantry per week per household
- An orientation will be provided for all new members
- Emergency situations will be honored twice a year.
- Donations of food (perishable/non-perishable) and dry goods are always welcome.
Community and Continuing Education
Kaskaskia College is proud to serve the lifelong learning needs of our district. Community outreach programs are offered throughout the Kaskaskia College District in both credit and non-credit areas.
- Non-credit offerings include a variety of programs that provide personal development in a number of skill areas such as musical instruments, health and wellness, and creative arts. Download our short Community Education Registration Sheet now and get started!
- Kaskaskia College is pleased to offer several online courses for educators. These courses are available through our Ed2Go Program.
- KICK (Kids in College at Kaskaskia) children's classes are scheduled during the summer.
- Customized classes for specific groups are also offered.
The Kaskaskia College Continuing and Community Education staff is dedicated to serving our students to ensure their academic success. It has been noted that life-long learning is imperative to one’s personal health and intellectual growth. It is part of the Kaskaskia College mission to provide such learning opportunities and experiences for our students.
For more information or for help getting started contact Cydney Richardson.
27210 College Road
Centralia, Illinois 62801
Associate in Applied Science
This program prepares students to install, service and repair residential and commercial air conditioning, refrigeration and heating systems. Students will study physical, mechanical, and chemical principles of refrigeration and air conditioning with emphasis on electrical controls and motors. Students will also gain proficiency in blueprint reading, sheet metal construction, proper ventilation, installation, heating and cooling diagnosis and installation of residential and commercial equipment. Apply Here!
What You Can Do
- Service Technician
- Sheet Metal Worker
- HVAC Installer
- Heating, Air Conditioning, Ventilation
- Refrigeration Mechanic and Installer
Kaskaskia College's HVAC program is accredited by HVAC Excellence, an independent, third party reviewer of higher education heating and cooling programs. Accreditation from this organization validates that a HVAC program is meeting established standards of excellence in the heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration industry.