Wind Farm Technician
RWE represents change, innovation and sustainability. As one of the world’s leading generators of electricity from renewable energy sources, we aim to be carbon-neutral by 2040 and to enable a sustainable life for people around the world. To achieve this, we are looking for dynamic and motivated people to join us in creating a sustainable and secure energy future.
Purpose of position: Supports the overall operations and maintenance of one or more wind farms and all related facilities to assure safety and maximize availability in accordance with Operations mission
- Adherence to the company’s values and behaviors as defined by the RWE philosophy.
- Assure that all operation and maintenance activities are performed in a safe manner consistent with policies and procedures established for the wind farm site. This includes wearing essential safety equipment, including a personal fall arrest system, as well as identifying potential hazards on the job.
- Pass physical fitness tests required to maintain Global Wind Organization Certification.
- Climb wind towers and access wind turbines to perform maintenance tasks.
- Lift, carry, and transport essential equipment, tools, and materials to job site.
- Assist in conducting acceptance and performance tests on systems and equipment following planned maintenance or outages.
- Perform safety and other wind farm related tasks when assigned and fill in as back up to personnel at other RWE sites when necessary.
- Assist with turbine maintenance including services, major component work and replacement, and troubleshooting.
- Assist with Balance of Plant procedures as needed, including substation and collection system maintenance.
At least 2 years of work experience in operations and/or maintenance in power generation, transmission and/or distribution.
SUBSTITUTION CLAUSE: A 2 year or 4 year college degree from an accredited school, other than correspondence or on-line, in a technical hard science (engineering, physics, power, or closely similar) may substitute for 2 years of experience. A current journeyman or master electrician license may substitute for 2 years of experience. A wind technician certificate program can substitute for 1 year of experience.
More Opportunities View All