Weatherization Specialist II
Champaign County Regional Planning Commission is seeking a Weatherization Specialist II to join the team providing services in Champaign County. Champaign County RPC is a people-focused agency made up of over 100 programs designed to generate possibilities for all within our community. A great deal of planning goes into creating opportunities where people can succeed on their own, and RPC is doing that work. From analysis to policy guidance to offering services to our communities, RPC’s people plan for people.
The Weatherization Specialist II will be responsible for delivery of services to eligible clients in Champaign County, specifically, complete assessments of homes to identify measures to increase energy efficiency like insulation, air sealing, and furnace upgrades. Candidates must have exceptional customer services skills and experience working with databases, spreadsheets, and work orders in a fast-paced environment. It will be necessary for the selected candidate to complete a specialized weatherization and certification training over the program year to become a Quality Control Inspector. The Weatherization Specialist II is an excellent opportunity for an individual seeking professional growth opportunities. The program offers robust on-the-job training and advanced level certifications in the weatherization field.
- High school degree or G.E.D.
- Current Building Professional Inspector (BPI) certification.
- Preference will be given to applicants with prior experience with Weatherization services..
- Vehicle, car insurance and valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
- Ability to successfully complete a state background check
- Ability to work inclusively with our diverse clients, co-workers, and contractors
- Advanced skills and experience working with databases, spreadsheets, and work orders
- Must be able to work outside and enter residents with pets
More Opportunities View All