Weatherization Specialist I
Champaign County Regional Planning Commission is seeking a Weatherization Specialist I to join the team providing services in Champaign County. Champaign County RPC is a people-focused agency made up of over 100 programs designed to generate possibilities for all within our community. A great deal of planning goes into creating opportunities where people can succeed on their own, and RPC is doing that work. From analysis to policy guidance to offering services to our communities, RPC’s people plan for people.
The Weatherization Specialist I will be responsible for customer relations, program eligibility determinations, energy efficiency assessments, etc., including attendance and completion of specialized weatherization and certification training over the program year. The Weatherization Specialist I is an excellent opportunity for an individual seeking professional growth opportunities. The program offers robust on-the-job training and advanced level certifications in the weatherization field.
• Assist in intake and process new Weatherization program applications
• Communicate with clients to coordinate appointments for Weatherization assessments and describe Weatherization program
• Set up and maintain program files, complete quality assurance and compliance checks of documentation
• Schedule and perform Weatherization program assessments
• Input assessment details into Weather works and generate work orders based on IHWAP policy/ manuals with oversight from Weatherization II or Coordinator
• Document work order changes and communication with all parties regarding changes
• Attend training and review policy to stay updated on IHWAP standards
• Maintain active certifications (participate in required continuing education, maintain and submit paperwork for certification continuation/ renewal, etc.)
• Document service provision
• Maintain work schedule in Outlook calendar
• Other duties as assigned
More Opportunities View All