Visual Communications Specialist Peoria, IL
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient. Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals
Leidos, the implementer for the Ameren Illinois award-winning Energy Efficiency Programs, seeks a Visual Communications Specialist. In this position you will help business and residential utility customers improve comfort, manage energy usage and reduce future costs. Since the inception of this Program in 2008 utility customers have saved over $1 billion by becoming more energy efficient. The Visual Communications Specialist's primary responsibility is to design and manage the development, coordination and implementation of all marketing initiatives. Initiatives include but are not limited to print and digital advertising, website development, social media, special events and community outreach.
Under the leadership of the Marketing Director and Marketing Projects Sr. Manager, the Visual Communications Specialist works independently, as needed, and serves as a marketing lead in collaboration with program managers, subcontractors, and others to understand marketing requirements and develop those requirements into integrated marketing initiatives to increase brand awareness and encourage participation in Ameren Illinois' Energy Efficiency Programs. The Marketing Content Manager reports to the Marketing Projects Sr. Manager. This role may oversee direct reports and subcontractors as assigned.
Location: This position will be a hybrid of working from home and working in our Downtown Peoria office.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field.
- 3+ years of work experience in marketing or related field of which 2 years is project management experience.
- Demonstrated capability and success in development and execution of bold, creative integrated marketing strategies in a cost-effective manner.
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong creative development and graphic design skills
- Demonstrated good organizational, management and interpersonal skills.
- Can-do attitude and will to succeed.
- Ability to follow instructions and desire to learn new skills.
- Strong attention to detail, quality and follow-through.
- Professional demeanor and dedication to delivering top notch customer service.
Desired Education, Skills, Qualities and Experience:
- Experience with budgets, record-keeping and organization of data.
- Strong working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with website content management system (Drupal and Word Press).
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud a plus.
Yes, 10% of the time
More Opportunities View All