Solar Project Manager
Manage the process from contracted sale through file archive for a select set of Simpleray Customers, working closely with Engineering, Installations, and Marketing to keep the customer informed of their status, as well as completing all of the necessary paperwork to move their project through the pipeline for a smooth and positive experience. Oversee the construction process for residential and commercial photo-voltaic systems, along with ancillary contracted electrical services and/or structural upgrades, etc., utilizing both in house and subcontracted installation crews.
- Maintain the Simpleray standards of Safety, Quality and Production in that order.
- Be available to work in all reasonable weather conditions in all seasons to perform job functions.*
- Be a road warrior with overnight travel as required. Work related travel up to 75%.*
- Ability to wear/utilize personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
- Coordinate Simpleray teams and subcontractors to ensure compliance with safety standards.*
- Assess potential installation sites to determine feasibility and design requirements, evaluate provided designs for technical flaws or cost savings improvements.*
- Become expert in customer’s individual contract inclusions/exclusions and ensure that all required items are met throughout the project lifecycle*
- Complete initial customer on boarding call to orientate them to the Simpleray process and collect critical information.*
- Work with customer to collect all necessary/required items to proceed with project including documents, signatures, insurance policies, etc.*
- Complete required AHJ permitting applications.*
- Correspond with AHJ’s and coordinate with internal departments as necessary to resolve issues with permit applications.
- Complete required EDC interconnection applications.*
- Correspond with EDC’s and coordinate with internal departments as necessary to resolve issues with interconnection applications.*
- Update customer as to necessary revisions and/or change orders based on AHJ & EDC specific requirements not included within their sales contract.*
- Complete & submit paperwork on behalf of the customer to ensure they receive incentives and rebates.*
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include ensuring safe working conditions, maintaining high quality standards, training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. All supervisory responsibilities are limited to the direct scope of projects assigned, employees and subcontractors report directly to Installations Manager for all HR/Contractual related functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, common scientific/technical journals, financial reports, legal documents and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work the mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software, spreadsheet software, internet software, and project management software. Google Suite (Docs, Sheets and Mail). Zendesk & Zoho Project experience are a strong plus. Previous experience with PowerClerk or other Permit & Interconnection submission interfaces are also extremely valuable. Aptitude in learning new computer systems is necessary.
Previous experience with Monday.com or Microsoft Project are highly preferred, but not required.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Construction / Project Management, or minimum of five equivalent years of experience in directly equivalent work position.
- Solar: 2 years experience.
- Management, Operations: 2 years experience
- Demonstrated ability in managing projects: installation, operation, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Previous experience working with supplier, partner, client or customers in an operational capacity
- Highly experienced with National Electric Code and Building Codes
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
Valid Driver's License
NABCEP Certification of any kind Preferred
OSHA 30 Required, can obtain within 30 days of hire
FAA 107 License required, can obtain within 60 days of hire
PMP or similar certification highly Preferred
- General Office Equipment
- Measurement tools
- Power tools
- Hand tools
- Fall Protection
- Ladders / Mechanical Lifts
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND OTHER ABILITIES:
- Advanced Electrical Knowledge
- Advanced Construction Knowledge
- Advanced PV Theory
- Advanced Computer Aptitude
- Understanding of Utility Electrical Interface
- Active Listening
- Critical Thinking
- Active Learning
- Social Perceptiveness
- Oral Communication Skills
- Written Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Customer Relations
- Customer Service
- Technical Communications
- Math Aptitude
- Time Management
- Reading Skills
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints, drawings, and specifications.
- Ability to assess and mitigate risk on a variety of project scopes and geographic locations.
- Knowledge of electrical systems, NEC, EPA, OSHA and building code requirements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to have close, distance, and peripheral vision. Requirements also include the ability to percept depth, the ability to adjust focus and the ability to see color.
More Opportunities View All