Program Manager Collinsville, & Peoria, IL
Walker-Miller Energy Services is a 21-year-old Detroit-based, core-values driven company committed to changing lives through energy efficiency. We create and manage customized energy waste reduction programs that help electric and gas utilities meet mandated energy savings goals.
Our experience driven philosophy of energy efficiency as economic development helps families and businesses save energy and save money. Through innovative, inclusive initiatives, we help build communities by creating local jobs, producing equitable energy savings for all rate payers, and spurring the growth of diverse local businesses.
Our operating philosophy is reflected in our core values. We refer to them as B-Hive:
B - Boldly Go
H - Humble Confidence
I - Inclusive Stewardship
V - Value Reputation
E - Extraordinary Experience
The Program Manager provides leadership for one of our energy- efficiency programs. In this hands-on management role, you will oversee energy programs and will work closely with both clients, community action agencies, and our energy professionals to achieve client energy efficiency goals and other program objectives. You will also be working with others who are passionate about energy efficiency and making a positive impact on the industry.
Essential Responsibilities: This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Lead and develop team members based on core values-driven culture that encourages top performance with compassion.
- Manage and develop a trusted advisor relationship with key accounts, customer stakeholders, community action agencies, and executive sponsors.
- Manage and grow program scope by developing new business with existing clients, identify areas of improvement and collaborate with marketing/outreach team to identify growth opportunities within territory.
- Communicate customer issues with operations team and devise ways of improving the customer experience, including resolving problems and complaints.
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all customer account management matters by assisting with challenging client requests or issue escalations.
- Responsible for keeping current clients satisfied and delivering exceptional client service on a day-to-day basis.
- Strategize contracts and agreements with leadership to maximize profits.
- Clearly communicate the progress of weekly/monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Forecast and track key account metrics (e.g. weekly, quarterly results and annual forecasts; ad-hoc)
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company's policies and applicable laws.
- Lead and develop team members by providing leadership and promoting a culture that encourages top performance, high morale, and company core values.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree required in energy, engineering or business or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five years of proven success in a business development role, preferably with experience in energy efficiency industry.
- Minimum of three years of experience in energy efficiency.
- Minimum of three years of expertise with working with community action agencies.
- Proven account management, delivering client-focused solutions based on client needs.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail and deadlines.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a results-driven environment.
- Natural relationship builder with integrity, reliability and maturity.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Encourage a positive work environment and culture for all team members.
- Deliver consistent performance against set targets on key customer satisfaction measures and carry out weekly reviews of KPI’s.
More Opportunities View All