Plumbing Apprentice/Laborer- Champaign IL
Summary/Objective To assist with installs of plumbing systems on new-construction and remodel projects to company standards while providing the customer with a high-quality experience. Works under the supervision and guidance of a licensed plumber at all times.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position, and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 pm. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Maintain professional appearance and attitude always
- Maintains required levels of truck stock items
- Learn and properly recite company Mission, Vision and Value statements.
- Utilize all safety precautions and wear appropriate safety equipment at all times
- Clean truck as needed, including exterior washing and interior cleanings. Vehicles should be kept free of trash, debris, unused food and drink. Vehicle interior should be swept free from excess dirt. Vehicle interior compartments should hold all tools and equipment, keeping floor area free from falling and/or rolling items
- Operate company vehicle following all safety standards and applicable laws
- Properly use all tools and ladders in a safe manner
- Follow instructions from supervisor in a timely manner
- Immediately report any problems with company tools or vehicles to the office
- Work well with customers, co-workers and other subcontractors
- Properly prepare the job site using drop cloths, moving furniture or obstructions and prepare surface areas using floor protectors
- Clean job site. Job site should be picked up and left in a condition better or equivalent to that as when we arrived. This includes moving all trash and debris, sweeping or vacuuming site, removing all tools, parts and equipment.
- Properly remove all excess plumbing materials in a timely manner per lead installer instructions
- Properly support water & waste systems per code
- Properly remove plumbing equipment per code
- Able to identify all plumbing fittings and materials
- Pick up parts, supplies and equipment from distributors in company vehicle as needed or required
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must pass drug and background screens
- Valid driver’s license and insurable through company insurance carrier
- Able to communicate clearly in English both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work with tools used in the job in a safe manner
- Construction background knowledge
More Opportunities View All