Municipal/Industrial Machinist/Service Technician
Cogent is a growing, Midwest company in the fluid pumping, water processing/treatment business. Our companies include BRI, Fluid Equipment, Lee Mathews, Vanco, Vandevanter Engineering & Water Technology Group. Together, the Cogent Companies provide best-in-class municipal & industrial water and wastewater process solutions and technical services.
Cogent’s BRI facility located in Decatur, IL is currently seeking an experienced and hard-working Machinist / Service Technician for their service department. This position will be responsible for the manual machining to repair and create parts for mechanical equipment as well as installing, servicing, and maintaining electro-mechanical equipment such as submersible pumps, centrifugal pumps, motors, control boxes, panels, etc. to customer satisfaction. This position is also responsible for maintaining the proper documentation of work performed.
Qualified applicants will possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- High school diploma or GED required; degree from a Technical or Vocational school in Manual Machining, Mechanics or Electronics preferred.
- Excellent manual machining abilities using power tools such as: drill presses, milling machines, lathes and bench grinders.
- Previous experience in the installation and repair of piping systems preferred.
- Excellent proven electro-mechanical repair and troubleshooting skills.
- Previous experience in installation, maintenance and repair submersible pumps or other rotating equipment generally found in water and wastewater facilities preferred.
- Previous experience in a supervisory or leadership position preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required.
- High level communication and organization skills, as well as an attitude towards positive customer service required.
- Basic computer knowledge required.
- Ability to read and review blueprints.
- Ability to work as an “Emergency Responder” subject to overtime and occasional overnight travel on short notice required.
- Ability to manually lift and maneuver heavy objects, parts, equipment and materials required (up to 100 pounds).
- Ability to work outdoors under extreme weather conditions required.
- Ability to take on unfamiliar tasks and quickly find ways to find solutions to problems.
More Opportunities View All