The Maintenance Technician/HVAC is responsible for operating, maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing the heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration systems at Parkland College in addition to assisting other maintenance technicians with various operational tasks.
The Maintenance Technician/HVAC is a full time, 12 month, Professional Support Staff appointment on a schedule established by the Director of the Physical Plant. Overtime or an altered work schedule may be necessary in the event of an emergency. Minimal supervision is provided. The Maintenance Technician/HVAC must be able to work independently, accurately prioritize tasks, make decisions on the health and welfare of building occupants, and continually learn new systems for efficient HVAC operation
Essential Job Functions:
- Operate, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair the heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration systems at Parkland College.
- Make recommendations for purchase of equipment, supplies and materials
- Provide backup support for other maintenance technicians.
- Assist in the oversight of outside contractors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- HVAC certification.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to operate computer controlled energy management systems and building automation systems.
- Perform with a high level of mechanical aptitude and read blueprints to determine appropriate duct locations.
- Requires safe and proficient use of hand tools, HVAC testing equipment and recharging equipment.
- Lift 50 pounds unassisted and traverse duct work as necessary.
- Possess and maintain EPA 608 certification to purchase refrigerant materials and be authorized to work on various heating and cooling systems.
- Verbal and mathematical skills sufficient to complete work orders, accurately calculate measurements, prepare preventative maintenance reports, and perform other duties.
- Experience with chilled water systems, large commercial chillers, and cooling towers.
- Energy management system training.
- Five (5) years of experience in commercial HVAC service or completion of an apprenticeship at the journey level.
More Opportunities View All