Licensed Commercial HVAC Technician
Job Summary: Under general supervision and direction of the Maintenance and custodial staff supervisor, maintain, repair install, and provide heating, ventilation and air conditioning utility systems, services, and equipment for the district. Maintain and provide for the safe condition and operation of all HVAC equipment and systems in district facilities.
Salary: Union Local 382
Diagnoses causes of problems and/or failures in heating/air conditioning systems for the purpose of
identifying equipment and/or systems repair and/or replacement needs.
- Fabricates equipment parts for the purpose of meeting specialty needs and/or replacing unavailable
- Inspects HVAC systems and their components (e.g. heating units, building exhaust fans, ventilation
units, etc.) for the purpose of evaluating condition, identifying necessary repairs and recommending
- Installs heating and air conditioning equipment and systems for the purpose of providing enhanced
and/or upgraded capabilities.
- Assume primary responsibility for the safe condition of pipes, drains, and plumbing fixtures in the facilities owned or operated by the district
- Review with supervisor to determine which repair jobs may be performed by HVAC Technicians, custodians, and utility maintenance workers on the staff and which must be performed by outside contractors, and advises the Director of Operations and Risk Management accordingly.
- Repairs heating and air conditioning systems and/or components (e.g. pumps, motors, air handlers, fan coils, piping, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring a comfortable work environment.
- Receive and complete departmentally assigned work orders.
- Select material and hardware and make time and materials estimates.
- Maintain accurate records on material and labor used.
- Maintain inventory of district-owned tools, equipment, and materials.
- Inspect jobs upon completion and ensure areas are clean.
- Work with building principals and supervisors to complete projects.
- Detect needed repairs on buildings, grounds, and equipment following established inspection
- Respond to emergency calls as needed.
- Perform preventive maintenance on tools and equipment.
- Operate tools and equipment according to established safety procedures.
- Ensure that equipment is in safe operating condition.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting,climbing, etc.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
- Responds to emergency situations during or after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
Inside/outside environment; all types of weather, snow, rain, wind, heat and cold; frequently noisy, dirty, and dusty; vibration from equipment or tools; sometimes includes close quarters.
Walking, standing, squatting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, reaching, hearing and speaking to exchange information; seeing to monitor various activities; read documents, kneeling, bending at the waist, sitting and standing, walking or sitting for extended periods of time; reaching overhead, above shoulders, and horizontally, or bending at the waist; lifting heavy objects of fifty pounds are common. Requires manual dexterity, repetitive motions, hand/eye coordination, strength and endurance; occasional work at heights, use of heavy electric and manual equipment; requires alertness to potential hazards common in HVAC Technicians.
Possible exposure to hazardous chemicals; contact with dissatisfied or abusive individuals.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of operating equipment used in the installation, repair and maintenance of HVAC equipment;
2. Knowledge of indoor air monitoring equipment and result interpretation.
3. Knowledge of state and local codes. Including air conditioning and heating codes.
1. Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and written reference material for standards of design and construction
2. Ability to plan and manage projects; including preparing and maintaining accurate records.
3. Ability to ensure the safe handling hazardous materials, including refrigerant handling and disposal.
4. Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
5. Ability to perform mathematical calculations
6. Ability to diagnose and resolve problems
7. Ability to use hand and power tools
More Opportunities View All