JSM is a vastly growing leasing and development firm hiring for a full-time HVAC Technician located in Champaign, IL. This opening offers a rare opportunity to join a growing organization and a department focused on personal and career development. We take great pride in the customer’s experience, which is often significantly enhanced by the responsive output of our tremendous Maintenance team.
Under general supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor, the HVAC Technician completes all Commercial and Residential HVAC operations. The HVAC Technician will also assist with additional maintenance needs including basic plumbing, electrical, and mechanical issues. The essential functions for the HVAC Technician are outlined below:
- Inspect, repair, modify and install HVAC equipment in both Residential and Commercial settings.
- Perform regular preventative maintenance inspections of all HVAC equipment.
- Assist with diagnosis and troubleshooting of Residential and Commercial HVAC systems.
- Work with the Maintenance Supervisor to install HVAC equipment and accessories.
- Lubricate and service HVAC motors, pumps, fans, and other equipment.
- Complete daily maintenance work orders and preventative maintenance as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor. This includes, but is not limited to, minor electrical and plumbing issues, appliance repairs, etc.
- Operate, maintain, and clean various power and manual maintenance equipment and tools aiding in the completion of maintenance tasks.
- Maintain electronic records by documenting project related time, labor, and materials.
Minimum qualifications requested of this position include: high school diploma or equivalent, minimum of 3 years relevant HVAC experience, excellent verbal communication skills, professional attitude, appearance and attire, clean work environment and language, a valid Illinois Driver’s License, and the ability to work independently.
The HVAC Technician must be people-oriented and have a demonstrated ability to multi-task. EPA-608 certified candidates are preferred. Candidates should be well-organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated. The HVAC Technician position will require periodic on-call availability. Hourly wage rate will be based on prior experience and will include full benefits (vacation, sick, holiday, 401(k) with matching contribution and health, dental, and vision insurance).
JSM is an EEO employer. For more information and to apply, stop by our office located at 505 S Fifth St, Champaign, IL.
More Opportunities View All