HVAC & Refrigeration Technician for Methodist Hospital- Peoria, IL
To provide Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration installation and maintenance services that include using established engineering practices in correcting malfunctions; assisting with design, installation, and modification; performing quality assurance and code required testing; and performing preventive maintenance procedures applied to all types of H.V.A.C.&R. and related systems. This position will be accountable for the entire HVAC system and all its components for the main hospital and where needed. Maintains and repairs as needed to pneumatic and digital control systems. May be called upon to maintain, service and trouble shoot equipment outside of the normal range of responsibility for HVAC technician.
Why UnityPoint Health?
- Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
- Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options like 401K match, paid time off and education assistance that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
- Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
- Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
- 3-5 years of experience in/with commercial refrigeration services, extensive temperature controls experience as applied to refrigeration and H.V.A.C. systems, plus significant knowledge and experience in maintaining commercial H.V.A.C. systems.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License in the State of Illinois.
- Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) must be run annually.
Certified as refrigeration technician as defined accepted by U.S.E.P.A Universal preferred.
- Ability to respond appropriately to customer/co-worker
- Interaction with a wide variety of people
- Maintain confidential information
- Ability to communicate only the facts to recipients or to decline to reveal information
- Ability to project a professional, friendly, helpful demeanor
More Opportunities View All