HVAC/R Technician E. Alton, IL
Amentum is seeking a highly skilled industrial HVAC/R Technician to join our Facility operations & maintenance team in East Alton, IL!
- 8 hours / 5 days a week schedule, shift to be determined at time of hire. Hours may vary based on business demand and weekend hours may be scheduled to support our 24/7 operation.
The HVAC/R Technician is responsible for providing an advanced level of expertise in responding to work orders, troubleshooting, and providing preventive maintenance and repairs on HVAC and refrigeration-related equipment in an industrial environment. Performs preventative and corrective maintenance to a wide variety of facility and process related equipment. Diagnose and troubleshoot and repairs heating, ventilation equipment, pumps, fans, chillers, dryers, rooftop AHU’s, split systems, compressors, freezers, coolers and refrigerators and other mechanical equipment as necessary in an industrial environment. Provide instruction and assistance to other technicians as needed. Responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on hot and cold calls while utilizing Automated Building Controls training.
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Five years of experience as an HVAC maintenance technician in an industrial environment or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- EPA Universal certification.
- Ability to work in an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
- Ability to work safely with 3-phase power up to and including 480V.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- This position may require overtime, various shifts, weekends, holidays and alternative work schedules
- Requires the ability to regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Requires the ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs at least 10 times during shift.
- Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat repetitive during shift.
- Requires the ability to regularly kneel repetitive for shift.
- Requires the ability to move in a 90-degree fashion on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to stretch/reach on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to walk extensively throughout the plant during shift.
- Requires the use of a Company/Client approved utility knife.
- Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained
More Opportunities View All