HVAC Field Service Technician Peoria, IL
Why join our Daikin Applied team?
- Factory Certified Training, Refrigeration Certification or other professional on the job training in the HVAC Industry
- The opportunity to work on all types of commercial equipment and cutting-edge technologies such as Intelligent Equipment, Magnetic Bearing Technology and VRF Technology
- Daikin Applied provides technicians with laptops, mobile devices and other technologies
What you will do:
The Service Technician III will perform maintenance of HVAC equipment: repair and replace defective equipment, components, or wiring. Intermediate - advanced independent diagnostics, troubleshooting, pipefitting, and brazing of CAT I, II, and III equipment. Specific equipment responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following (Category I): Water-cooled single and dual centrifugal chillers up to 200- 2700 tons, Screw chillers up to 400 tons, Air-cooled chillers up to 530 tons, Centrifugal screw Templifiers. Magnetic drive chillers 100-700 tons.
- Conduct Warranty Service Application: Independently inspect and test systems to verify functionality for all CAT I, II, and III equipment.
- Perform Start Ups: Verify functionality of new CAT I, II & III equipment. Educate customers on proper use of equipment, maintenance schedule, and operating manual.
- Rebuilds/Retrofits: Lead the rebuild and retrofit of a CAT I, II and III level unit. Direct technician levels I and II through hands-on demonstration of the necessary steps. Introduce centrifugal rebuilds.
- Jobsite Safety: Wear personal protective equipment when completing service tasks. Complete jobsite hazard assessment prior to initiating service. Adhere to Daikin Applied and customer safety policies and OSHA guidelines.
- Customer Service: Demonstrate professionalism in appearance, verbal, and written communication. Interact with customer by offering status reports of service before, during, and after each call. Explain technical information to technical and non-technical audience.
- Support Sales: Communicate potential sales opportunities to the sales staff through the technician tip quote process. Identify and quote opportunities for minor repairs directly to the customer.
- Conduct Technician Training: Responsible for the mentorship of service technician levels I and II, and hands-on training of CAT I, II, and III equipment.
- Document Performance: Record and report billing, inventory, timecards, technician tip reports, product quality reports (PQR), and articles as required.
- Computer Usage: Basic data entry and ability to navigate the use of email, internet, word processing programs. Download programs into CAT I-II equipment and Micro controllers. Analyze chiller trend data to ensure optimal performance.
Exhibit Compliance: Ensure standards, policies, procedures, and maintenance of a clean work area are upheld at all times
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent from a Technical/Trade School with a certificate in Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning and five (5) years related experience with increasing responsibility; or seven (7) years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid driver's license
- Other state certifications/licenses as required
More Opportunities View All