HVAC Commercial Service Manager Peoria, IL
Carrier is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings.
Carrier Commercial Service has an opening for an experienced Service Manager! This position has profit and loss responsibility for a multi-million dollar service branch and is responsible for growing market share of the Carrier Commercial Service business. The Service Manager will lead field technicians and operations professionals to efficiently execute planned maintenance, repair, overhaul, and installation projects in an effort to exceed the expectations of our customers and meet revenue and margin targets.
The ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of the commercial air conditioning business including but not limited to relationship management, talent development, field operations, and safety.
- Forecast, monitor, and document financial performance against plan.
- Meet with customers in the service territory to ensure satisfaction and retention as well as prospects for additional service opportunities.
- Recruit, interview, hire, and train technicians as required to meet workload demands, and company or customer expectations and requirements.
- Supervise and direct field technicians to effectively perform the functions of equipment repair, maintenance, start-up, operation, and other duties as required to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Communicate regularly within the team to ensure that personnel are being scheduled and dispatched accurately by skill level, efficiency and training requirements.
- Resolve warranty issues, product recall notices, operational problems with products, premature failures, and other issues as they apply to products and equipment sold and serviced by the company.
- Review work orders, invoices and time reports for accuracy and to ensure efficient management of accounts receivable.
- 6-10 years of commercial service management work experience
- Working knowledge and understanding of commercial HVAC systems.
- Technical aptitude with knowledge of local building codes and an ability to use resources at hand to develop solutions.
Good computer skills: knowledge of and proficiency in common office applications such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and ability to navigate SalesForce.com, ServiceMax, ERP, and other business applications
More Opportunities View All