- Manage the development, design, or construction of energy conservation projects to ensure acceptability of budgets and timelines, conformance to federal and state laws, or adherence to approved specifications.
- Create models of engineering designs or methods
- Oversee design or construction aspects related to energy such as energy engineering, energy management, and sustainable design.
- Conduct jobsite observations, field inspections, or sub-metering to collect data for energy conservation analyses.
- Review architectural, mechanical, or electrical plans and specifications to evaluate energy efficiency or determine economic, service, or engineering feasibility.
- Evaluate plans or specifications to determine technological or environmental implications.
- Evaluate designs or specifications to ensure quality.
- Evaluate construction design information such as detail and assembly drawings, design calculations, system layouts and sketches, or specifications.
- Create models of engineering designs or methods.
- Perform energy modeling, measurement, verification, commissioning, or retro-commissioning.
- Conduct energy audits to evaluate energy use, costs, or conservation measures.
- Monitor and analyze energy consumption.
- Identify energy savings opportunities and make recommendations to achieve more energy efficient operation.
- Analyze, interpret, or create graphical representations of energy data, using engineering software.
- Advise others regarding green practices or environmental concerns.
- Research energy production, use, or conservation.
- Inspect or monitor energy systems, including heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) or daylighting systems to determine energy use or potential energy savings.
- Direct the work of contractors or staff in the implementation of energy management projects.
- Direct energy production or management activities.
- Review or negotiate energy purchase agreements.
- Provide consultation to clients or other engineers on topics such as climate control systems, energy modeling, data logging, energy management control systems, lighting or daylighting design, sustainable design, and energy auditing.
- Consult with construction or renovation clients or other engineers on topics such as Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design or Green Buildings.
- Conduct research or collect data on renewable or alternative energy systems or technologies such as solar thermal and photovoltaic energy.
- Research design or application of green technologies.
- Prepare project reports and other program or technical documentation.
- Prepare technical or operational reports.
- Purchase materials, equipment, or other resources
- Train personnel or clients on topics such as energy management.
- Train personnel on proper operational procedures.
- Promote awareness or use of alternative or renewable energy sources.
- Perform marketing activities to promote your services.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelors degree minimum
- 2+ years experience minimum
- Relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Engineering: 1 year (Preferred)
More Opportunities View All