Energy Efficiency Advisor
The Energy Efficiency Advisor is responsible for the oversight of company and contractor implemented programs within Ameren Illinois' Energy Efficiency portfolio.
Key responsibilities include:
• Create and execute the Ameren Illinois energy efficiency portfolio objectives.
• Assist the Director of Energy Efficiency, Strategy and Innovation in managing strategic partnerships and may represent the Company with external stakeholders with diverse and sometimes conflicting interests and objectives (e.g., Illinois Commerce Commission, State Attorney General, Citizens Utility Board, Environmental Law & Policy Center, National Resources Defense Council, customers, trade allies, community based organizations, industry groups).
• Influence and develop policy and regulation, formulate and negotiate positions, drive toward consensus solutions, leverage industry resources, educate and optimize implementation plans.
• Maintain an appropriate positive and mutually beneficial business relationship with businesses, professional groups, and industry allies in support of Ameren Illinois’ energy efficiency objectives.
• Perform research and analysis to provide support to senior management, inside and outside corporate counsel representing the company in regulatory proceedings. Support internal and external program communication and outreach needs.
• Manage program resources, including external partners and suppliers to ensure achievement of legislated energy efficiency goals/targets.
• Lead internal collaboration, coordination and delivery of information by leveraging Company resources, processes and programs to positively influence customer satisfaction.
• Lead the development, implementation and tracking of project management.
• Stay current with ongoing trends in energy efficiency and demand response.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university required. MBA or advanced degree preferred. Minimum of five years of relevant experience required (e.g., regulatory compliance, data analytics, engineering, technology, legislative efforts, economics, accounting, law).
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
Demonstrated use of MS Office Suite; strong and effective written and verbal communication skills; critical analytical skills; ability to effectively operate and lead in fast paced, ambiguous environment; ability to influence others; team building and organizational skills; energetic self-starter who possesses strong problem-solving, negotiation, organizational and analytical skills; ability to prioritize workload; excellent business acumen, and computational skill; ability to work in environment with critical deadlines; highly collaborative work style that demonstrates integrity and great attention to detail; Ameren competencies: Think Customer, Inspire and Engage, Foster Innovation, Drive Results, Champion Learning, Build Trust, and Be Strategic. Some travel is required
More Opportunities View All