Energy Advisor Specialist Peoria, IL
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient. Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Leidos seeks an Energy Advisor Specialist for its’ implementer role on the Ameren Illinois Energy Efficiency Business program. This position will both promote and support energy-efficiency projects within large businesses in the Ameren Illinois service territory. This Energy Advisor “in training” position offers a unique career and growth opportunity for a dynamic individual possessing excellent outreach, sales, communication and organizational skills to promote and encourage participation in a leading-edge energy efficiency incentive program within a creative team environment.
Location: This is a telecommuting position, however the selected candidate will need to live in the Ameren Illinois territory (i.e., St. Louis, MO, Peoria, IL, Springfield, IL). This position may require relocation to a specific territory within the Ameren Illinois area after a few months if an Energy Advisor position opens up, as this is an ‘Energy Advisor in training’ position
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Business/Science and 1+ year related experience. High school diploma with an additional 4+ years of related experience may be considered in lieu of a degree. Related experience is defined as maintenance, project management, energy programs, utility account representation, key account management, or in the energy efficiency industry.
- Energy Efficiency certifications are desired.
- Ability to relocate within the Ameren IL territory, if an Energy Advisor position opens
- Must be able to utilize initiative to develop relationships with customers, vendors and professional organizations to keep up to date and demonstrate knowledge of operational trends, energy efficiency technologies, practices, and regulations in electric and natural gas demand side management.
- Must be highly motivated, well organized, self-starting, have strong written and verbal communication skills, and work well in a team setting. Willingness to learn, grow and expand capabilities. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- The candidate should have basic general knowledge of manufacturing operations, budget/justification cycles, large building energy systems, construction practices, and/or the energy efficiency industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communications are essential. Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (spreadsheets), Salesforce database usage, and computers in general is required. It is critical that productivity and accuracy be demonstrated in performance of work.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to perform field verification of pre and post installation of energy efficiency measures.
More Opportunities View All