Energy Advisor I
The energy advisor plays a key role in identifying and seizing opportunities to reduce electric and gas usage through multifamily energy-efficiency programs offered by Ameren-Illinois. The advisor performs comprehensive energy assessments; educates tenants, owners and property managers; develops work scopes; installs energy-saving measures; and assists in documenting and inspecting work performed
1. Conduct detailed energy audits and assessments in addition to customer interviews and educational sessions. Both individual units and common areas are evaluated.
2. Quantify energy consumption to establish baselines for calculating potential energy savings.
3. Prepare audit reports containing energy analysis results and recommendations for energy cost savings.
4. Perform diagnostic and safety testing as needed. Testing may include air leakage, carbon monoxide, gas leaks, combustion analysis and appliance efficiency.
5. Provide one-on-one and group education on energy efficiency, such as the costs of running various household appliances and the effects of behavior on energy usage and costs.
6. Develop work scopes of efficiency measures recommended for installation in units or common areas by install teams or qualified subcontractors.
7. Present recommendations to property owners and managers, explaining the rationale for each measure and any applicable incentives from the utility.
8. Install or coordinate the installation of efficiency measures by an install team.
9. Verify and inspect the work of install teams and subcontractors.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
This position will require candidates to travel to the following areas in Southern, IL: Springfield, IL, Belleville, IL, Collinsville IL, Peoria, IL, O'Fallon, IL
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. BPI Building Analyst certification and a record of success performing comprehensive energy audits. Additional BPI certifications are a plus and may be required by the client or CMC.
3. Excellent customer service skills.
4. Ability to work and make decisions independently, and to apply your knowledge and skills to new situations as needed.
5. Demonstrated success in working as part of a team and adhering to policies and procedures established by CMC, its managers, supervisors, and clients.
6. Ability to communicate clearly, effectively and appropriately, both spoken and in writing, with customers, colleagues, trade allies, managers and clients.
7. Excellent time-management and organization skills.
8. Must have valid driver's license and reliable transportation. The position will require travel throughout the utility’s service territory.
More Opportunities View All