Hanson Professional Services Inc. is seeking ideal candidates who have past experience supporting Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) disaster recovery efforts or have experience in professional disciplines incidental to disaster recovery with a preferred background in engineering, science or archaeology. We are looking for consultants who are available to join our team for future deployment to locations affected by natural disasters. If you're up for the challenge, we've been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for progress and innovation.
- Evaluate the eligibility of disaster-related damages, facilities, work and costs.
- Develop Damage Descriptions, Scopes of Work essential to the formulation of disaster recovery grants.
- Support production of detailed, organized reports and reviews.
- Develop and communicate processes and procedures and methodologies that streamline disaster recovery efforts.
- Must be prepared to operate in an intense, dynamic, challenging work environment and be experienced working in a team atmosphere but also able to deliver independently.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous experience working with FEMA
- Completion of required FEMA training courses
- Due to the nature of this specific FEMA disaster work, candidate must have excellent communication skills
- Extraordinary attention to details; ability to process work accurately
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel)
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate with team members, clients, and stakeholders with diplomacy and tact
- Flexibility to adapt to changing needs of client and project team
- Must be willing to travel and mobilize on short notice
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver under tight deadlines
- Must be a US citizen
- Must be willing to undergo and successfully pass a comprehensive FBI background screening (credit record, criminal record, tax history, criminal felonies, misdemeanors, DUI/DWIs, bankruptcy, tax or other financial evasion)
- Must have a valid US driver’s license
More Opportunities View All