Business Operations Manager
Walker-Miller Energy Services is a 20-year-old Detroit-based, core-values driven company committed to changing lives through energy efficiency. We create and manage customized energy waste reduction programs that help electric and gas utilities meet mandated energy savings goals.
Our experience driven philosophy of energy efficiency as economic development helps families and businesses save energy and save money. Through innovative, inclusive initiatives, we help build communities by creating local jobs, producing equitable energy savings for all rate payers, and spurring the growth of diverse local businesses.
Our operating philosophy is reflected in our core values. We refer to them as B-Hive:
B - Boldly Go
H - Humble Confidence
I - Inclusive Stewardship
V - Value Reputation
E - Extraordinary Experience
This position is responsible for operational leadership and developing long-term relationships with large customers. This includes connecting with key business executives and stakeholders and actively seek new opportunities to grow our business with the customer. As the Operations Leader, you will liaise between customers and cross-functional internal teams to ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions to meet customer needs. You will be responsible for growth, overall operations and the successful management of productivity, quality control and safety measures as established and set for the Operations Team.
Lead and develop team members based on a core values driven culture that encourages top performance with compassion
• Manage and grow program scope with existing clients
• Manage and develop a trusted advisor relationship with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
• Serve as the lead point of contact for all customer account management matters by assisting with challenging client requests or issue escalations
• Forecast, deliver on and track key account metrics (e.g. quarterly results and annual forecasts)
• Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
• Communicate customer issues with operations team and devise ways of improving the customer experience, including resolving problems and complaints
• Negotiate contracts and close agreements to maximize profits
• Continuously update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
More Opportunities View All